Saturday, December 16, 2006

Leaderspeak

I was on a "leader's" site today and there was a section about showing the plan. The "leader" is advising the IBO's to sort of gloss over the numbers, and to be moving quickly through the explanation of the business..

The "leader" rationalizes that the numbers are not important, its more about the concept in general.

I personally have a problem with that, simply because numbers are what make the world go 'round. I understand that and accept that, despite the fact that I'm not a numbers guy. Can you imagine a restauranteur looking over an eatery, and the actual numbers (ie. profits & losses) are just glossed over? Costs of raw matterials, labour, taxes, freight, final product, and employee benefits are not looked at critically or thouroughly? Do you think that the potential buyer would just accept that?

Can you imagine?


I have said before, half jokingly, that Quixtar is not a real business. I was half joking, obviously because it IS a business by definition.

This is the kind of thing that gets me to where I'm not joking...it's not a real business. Who the hell would not want the numbers before getting into something?

Even more importantly, what do the numbers reveal that compels you to feel that you need to gloss over the numbers? What are you hiding?

Obviously you are hiding something. You are being encouraged to hide something.

Nice ethical business you got going there.

Any IBO's (and I know you read this) that can explain this, please feel free, 'cause I don't get it.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dave Robison said...

I would never gloss over the numbers. If you are an IBO and you present a "hypothetical" income scenario such as a "You sponsor 6 who sponsors 4 who sponsors 2" then you should feel obligated to stress the "hypothetical" part of the presentation.

If you explain the MLM model-concept in broad terms then you need to stress a "your mileage may vary" point.

As always a copy of the SA-4400 literature should be given(or better; read) to the prospect; and an explanation that normal business expenses should be expected and will come from profits or subtracted from existing income.

Dave

17 December, 2006 15:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please care to reveal who is "hiding" or "glossing over" the numbers as they should be turned into Quixtar

19 December, 2006 12:56  
Blogger rocket said...

Hello Anon

What do you think Quixtar would do?

19 December, 2006 17:44  
Blogger rocket said...

Hey anon, if you are really serious about it, send me an email at rocketsrants@yahoo.ca

If you are wanting to truly deal with it, I'll help.

If you want to do nothing that's fine too.

If you are an IBO I would expect nothing less than allegiance.

23 December, 2006 10:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would Quixtar do, you ask? Investigate and take action.

Quixtar has required disclosures to ensure that individuals considering our opportunity understand the experience of the majority of IBOs. That means understanding average earnings and how one makes money in this business. The SA-4400 provides this information and should be seen by every prospect.

Please forward any information you have on who suggested this on a Web site to abuse@quixtar.com for follow-up. Or send me a link and I'll forward it on.

28 December, 2006 06:21  
Blogger rocket said...

Hey Beth!

I wondered if you would be curious. I am in another part of the country right now, but I will touch base with you when I get back...

04 January, 2007 13:09  
Blogger IBOFB said...

The "numbers" are actually excellent, why would you want to "hide" them?

Are you sure this wasn't for a "QI" type of thing, where people get a brief intro to the concept, then if interested are encouraged to come along to a "full" plan?

08 January, 2007 12:30  
Blogger rocket said...

I'm pretty sure it's not an "Industry Briefing" since the heading under the point in question is

"Show them the plan"

Then it suggests you do it quickly since its more about the concept than the numbers.

Are you sure you shouldn't know what I'm talking about before you make a comment?

I noticed you left 3 comments today. Looks like I got morte comments from you in one day than your blog did in an entire month.

But mine's free...

I guess you're used to blowing money on useless things though.

08 January, 2007 19:33  
Blogger IBOFB said...

My comment consisted of two questions. How else would you suggest I "find out what you're talking about"?

My site doesn't have comments, so maybe you should "find out what you're talking about" before you make comments on it.

It does however have forums, there's been 167 posts there the past week. You definitely should "find out what you're talking about" before you make comments.

You got my comments here because I passed through on dave robison's suggestion. Apparently I shouldn't have bothered.

Here, go count the "comments" yourself -

Get The Facts - The Truth About Amway and Quixtar

08 January, 2007 20:18  
Blogger rocket said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

08 January, 2007 21:42  
Blogger rocket said...

I know your site doesn't have comments... That's why I said that.

You were making the inference that I wasn't aware of the context in which breezing over the numbers was used. There is no mistaking what I read, nor its implication to the IBO's in that organization.

Simma down now! Just shaking your tree!!

Aren't you used to being razzed yet?

PS...what pin level are you?

08 January, 2007 21:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home