Thursday, June 01, 2006

Not A Numbers Guy

One thing that I really admire about some of the critics out there is their ability to actually crunch the numbers when it involves Quixtar/Amway.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I can't do the math. I just don't want to do the math. Not my thing, not my cup of tea, it's a bunch of jive turkey that I don't want to do, nor sit down and dissect.

I guess I'm just not built to be an accountant type guy, who can absorb himself in a bunch of numbers, and patiently sift through the variables to come up with a response to why Quixtar really does suck.

Nor can anybody use math to prove a point with me, as it relates to Amway/Quixtar. I think any of the people who have read my posts over the past couple of years at Quixtar Blog will have a pretty good idea what my beefs with Amway/Quixtar are.

In case you're new.............

- Products are uncompetitive price wise

- 4% shipping (yes, I know you pay for shipping built into the price of stuff at the stores)

- Products are not on your doorstep within 2 days. Let's face it, it doesn't happen that way.

- The fact that the upline makes most of their money from motivation is not disclosed

- The proper way to do Quixtar is to do Quixtar and nothing else, according to the "leaders"

- Shallow materialistic circus performances involving money to keep people motivated

- Hypocritical in-fighting amongst the "leaders" If this was such a great life building vehicle, why can't the "leaders" in Quixtar all get along?

- Approaching people in malls and stores to see if they want to build a business with you? Are you serious? Do you really expect to be taken seriously by anybody?

- No crosslining. You know what? You should be able to talk to whomever you want. You're a grown up business owner! You are intelligent enough to understand this business, and therefore, you are probably intelligent enough to know who you want to talk to, right? Let's just call it what it is OK? It's information control, pure and simple. When people say crap like, "If you want what I have then you have to do what I do" they are gently controlling you!

- The fact that nobody is really making any money. In case you don't believe that click here.

So there you have it, I've probably missed a few points, but it's a helluva start.

So the numbers don't interest me. Really. You can write me an email showing how you can go to 652 PV by only spending $187.03 of your own money and by having a strong group 3 wide and 2 deep each. If they spend $341.67 every 6 weeks, and you take a PV promotion on Amway asprins and ass-wipe, then sell 2 cases of XS to a relative on the 4th week, you got it made in the shade.

Good for you, but I don't care. If you told me that, I'd say GREAT! I would say I believe you because I am not about to do the math. Why? Because it's a waste of time to me.

High prices are high prices. Inconvenient and a pain in the ass to order are just that. Picking up a bunch of stuff at your upline's house you paid for 5 or 6 days ago is stupid.

So is buying motivation from a bunch of shysters.

At the end of the day, your business still sucks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Robison said...

Howdy Rocket,

I'm not big on the numbers, either.

I get tired of listening to other non-Quixtar MLMers compare compensation plans and analyze the "breaks" and "bubbles" in individual plans.

For me, it's always been, sell "this much"; make "this much" and keep your expenses at 15% or less.

And, even though you think the business "sucks", I still contend that only certain techniques "suck."

Dave

03 June, 2006 18:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home