Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Unfortunate

Well it looks like our friend Shaun over at Expedition of Truths has decided not to allow our discussions on his Sold Out post regarding "Dream Night"(!)

My thoughts? Not surprising. This just tells me more clearly than I suspected before that a lot of the attitudes & teachings that I experienced are still prevalent today in some AMO's.

If WWDB is truly a solid and virtuous organization, why the secrecy? Why is the cost of going to these functions such a secret? Why is the cost of being "in" WWDB so secretive? I think I know why, but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. I just think it's strange that you wouldn't be allowed to view the costs associated with being in WWDB before deciding to do so. Not surprising, but it is disappointing.

I see Amway changing. It's slow, but it is moving in the right direction I think. However, any managerial outlook when dealing with improper behaviour is simple.

What did you know?
When did you know?
What did you do about it?

Not allowing deception is something Amway appears to have taken ownership of. They need to keep it up. I have seen things that I think are pretty sketchy which suggest Amway is the reason certain things are being done (spending lots of money on items), but no evidence supports that suggestion. It's this indirect suggestive behaviour that needs to be closely monitored and stopped when it crosses the line.

Some of Shaun's posts have concerned me with what messages he's receiving about running his Amway business and what he can expect in the future. To me, he would have to overcome practically insurmountable odds to achieve what he plans on achieving. I admire his courage to declare his dreams and hope he achieves what he wants. I just personally feel that he is pinning a lot of hope into something which seems to fall short for many, yours truly included.

At the end of the day, few people achieve notable success in Amway. Fewer yet create the walk away income that is presented in the plan. Attempts by Amway to reel in the poorly managed and controversial Motivational Organizations have been met with extreme resistance by certain leaders. Some of these people chose to walk away from Amway at high levels such as diamond, EDC, and Emerald IN SPITE of having achieved these levels.

You cannot deny that Amway IBO's and AMO leaders have by and large fallen short of being realistic as to what is actually achievable in Amway.

Bottom line: You need to be moving enormous amounts of products to an astronomical number of people to make "walk away" income in Amway. Heck, I'd argue that you need that just to make a decent annual income! Former Diamonds have said this as well. From Alberta no less!

So my question to any IBO. How's that going for you? Are you a product based business like Deb? Or are you a dream based business that mentions product movement as an aside?

Below is my comment to Shaun that he didn't see fit to post here. I find it interesting that he accuses me of having a position based on (in his opinion) incomplete facts, yet doesn't feel compelled to practice what he preaches and provide all the details himself. I do wish him well and hope that he will eventually have the confidence in himself and his business to allow dissenting opinions on his blog again.

By the way, Shaun, I'm certainly not AFRAID of Amway or WWDB. That's just a catch all phrase IBO's tend to use to save face. You thinking I'm afraid of Amway is speculation, and an absurd speculation at that. Why would it scare me? Think about it. Why would it SCARE anyone?

I criticize it because to me it's a bunch of B.S. which you happen to have staked your future on.

I also understand it....far more than you do.

You and others like you refuse to say anything in open forums because there's nothing you can say which would make sense nor further your argument to anyone even vaguely familiar with Amway or WWDB. Or any other AMO (Amway Motivational Organization) for that matter.

Your little information control operation you go going on here? That's been going on since motivation started being higher profit than Amway product sales, IMO. information control was goin on in the mid 90's, and almost every single IBO doesn't want to have open discussions on the topic, including Amway's staunchest defender, IBOFB aka David Steadson.

I wish you well. But I know how this story will probably end.

As a final note to you.....WATCH YOUR EXPENSES. I know you're spending more than you make. You're a 1000 PV'er, unless you are currently in Platinum qualification, you are most likely losing money on this.

I'm sorry you see to have gotten to the point where you feel no discussion is necessary because nothing is going to change your mind. That's a dangerous place to be financially for you, but in my opinion, it's the frame of mind your upline prefers you in.

I wish you well, but not at the expense of others.

No hard feelings.

10 Comments:

Blogger rocket said...

I wish everybody well Tex. I want people to succeed and be happy as long as it's not at the expense of honesty, truth, and fairness.

18 November, 2010 08:58  
Blogger rocket said...

I'm of the belief that Shaun is a product of the system he's in.

I'm sure he's a good dude, just heavily influenced by WWDB.

He feels it's for the good.

I disagree.

18 November, 2010 21:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a great attitude Rocket. I know Shaun somewhat and he seems to really believe all of this 100%. I am positive he would never scam or be dishonest to people, but for some crazy reason he sees this as the answer to all of his dreams. I don't think any of it is attainable or realistic and is quite frankly cult like.

Having said that, you are right, at heart he is a good guy that means well, but is sadly buying what they are selling.

19 November, 2010 15:12  
Anonymous Shaun said...

Thanks Anonymous for being just that and faceless. If you really felt that way you'd have the balls to not be Anonymous and say it to me personally. Guess not.

19 November, 2010 18:08  
Blogger rocket said...

Shaun, I don't know who anon is. I do believe anon feels you are in something that's just not going to happen.

I believe that the belief and conviction with which they speak make it clear that to WWDB'ers / Amway IBO's that there is no discussion nor debate in your mind that what you are doing is right.

What makes this rather dangerous is that attitude, and your unwavering commitment and belief in that everything you are being told (riches & dreams) will come true. All you have to do is listen to your upline and do what they "council" (tell you) to do.

When you have the type of attitude you do, it makes it hard for those who care for you to confront you and ask you the difficult questions, especially when they don't understand the good nor the bad of what you are involved with.

Calling people negative and going nowhere is not you I don't think. It's you defending what you want to come true, and it' repeating simple answers that upline gives to keep people in.

Suspension of critical thinking is not something serious business owners participate in.

People are worried about you man. I feel with good reason, but that's just my opinion.

Many others feel the same way about Amway and AMO's, even ex diamonds and EDC's.

I would suspect they know more about it than you & I combined.

Don't be angry for people caring about you man. Right now you know there's nothing anyone can say or do that will change your mind. Your involvement will run its course. Make sure you haven't burnt too many bridges, friend.

People making money off of you by you doing as you're told are not true friends. Ever.

19 November, 2010 19:32  
Blogger Joecool said...

I've been follwing Shaun's blog too. While I think deep down he's a good man and motivated, let's recap. He was pretty deep in debt.

He sold his home and cashed out his 401K to pay off some debt. Not what I would advise, but it's done. He's still got debt apparently but for some reason allowed his wife to quit work. That's a family call so that's up to Shaun. He got back a bif tax refund, which tells me he lost his ass from business expenses, although he claims he is profitable.

His next goal is double eagle ruby which will earn his abot $117,000 gross, according to Shaun. $117K before taxes and expenses will allow you to live a middle class lifestyle at best. And this is the top 1% of achievers. What about all the downline who earn less but have the same business expenses? They are all losing money.

But WWDB teaches that this is success. Oh yeah, and Shaun denies that Greg Duncan had a bankruptcy problem despite there being public documents to prove it.

I think the WWDB teaching is truly scary and I hope Shaun sees it for what it is before it's too late.

Shaun and his wife are expecting. I wish him well there.

20 November, 2010 12:38  
Blogger rocket said...

Tex. You can stop insulting Shaun. My opinion is he's part of a system and a product of that system.

He is a catering to his environment, and it's different than other Pro Amwayers. I will not allow any more swipes or name calling about him here.

That is my choice, as always you are free to do as you please on your blog.

I don't think he's a jerk nor a dirtbag. I would ask that you stop leaving comments like that about him here. Any further similar comments will be deleted and you won't be welcome here anymore.

Thanks Tex.

20 November, 2010 16:12  
Blogger rocket said...

Nicely put Tex. Farewell.

20 November, 2010 19:39  
Anonymous ?Why Do You Care? said...

Nice negative comments! Shaun, keep on building with vision, persistence, consistence and faith. You will make it! Don't worry about these losers, they have already obtained their just reward.

25 November, 2010 16:51  
Blogger rocket said...

Why do you care

I care because in my opinion, people are still getting finacially traumatized by their Amway involvement.

Please feel free to point out what was negative about this post. Is the fact that its true make it negative?

Ah yes, the infamous Amway IBO calling people losers. Not new, but not unexpected either.

Feel free to return soon!

26 November, 2010 21:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home