Saturday, July 24, 2010

What Rocket's been doing..........

I'm not a construction guy. At all.

In fact, Mrs. Rocket has frequently pointed out the numerous tools I own that seemingly have very little wear & tear. When we bought our home a few years ago, we gutted it, and put in all new flooring, kitchen, bathroom, fixtures....everything with the help of contractors of course!!!!

The walls were down to the gyproc, and the floors were torn up. Everything old was gone. Since then, I have re shingled my roof, made a new bedroom in our basement out of my old workshop (We needed a fourth bedroom due to the addition of the Pocket Rocket). We actually had to cut a hole into our basement to put in a window, and at the same time we did dome major utility upgrades.

Everything we've done until now has been practical, not fun if you can dig that? Don't get me wrong, love our home now even more, but the stuff we'd done wasn't just for the hell of it.

Early this year, I received a promotion at work, and my stress level from my previous position to this one went up incredibly. I have a lot more headaches and personnel issues to deal with now, and I also stopped smoking cigars by accident (which is another story completely).

Well, obviously with the new addition as well, there was a lot going on in my life and I needed another outlet which wouldn't take me away from my family like fishing, running, or cycling would. Enter my great idea.............



Here's the top floor. It's 15 feet up!



Here's how you get up & down




Here's a side view where you can see everything!



The rope you see hanging left of the slide is a bucket and pulley system to transport food, toys, beer maybe.....


So, that's what I've been doing. Hope the rest of you are enjoying the weather. Just have a question for anyone at all out there:

Why is a tool consumption level recognized as any sort of accomplishment?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Amthrax said...

Treehouse looks awesome!

24 July, 2010 18:49  
Blogger rocket said...

Thanks man! Really proud of it actually. Lots of man hours in it!

24 July, 2010 18:53  
Blogger Joecool said...

Awesome job Rocket!

24 July, 2010 23:56  
Anonymous Amthrax said...

Lots of man hours in creating the treehouse, but it will provide years of fun for you and your family!

25 July, 2010 03:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home