Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street

Looks like information control still runs rampant in the Amway/Team/Quixtar saga. Both the corporation and TEAM are attempting to be perceived as open and transparent, but I personally am not buying it. No proof, no inside information, just my thoughts.

Now, I don't like a lot of things about IBOFightback, but I must commend him/her on the phenomenal coverage provided on his/her site. I would think IBOFightback would be considered an ally, but apparently not to TEAM. I'll bet if we had a time machine, and could go back to about 2 months ago, IBOFightback would be regarded as an excellent resource for IBO's, whether affiliated with TEAM or otherwise.

What we now have going on is a splintering of factions within the organization. You have the corporation giving their version, and then you have people like TEAM's Chuck Goetschel

I would assume that Chuck's opinion of the company has taken a dramatic change of course since the last plan he showed in order to recruit people. I for one would like to know when the last time is that Chuck showed a plan, and who he showed it to. It would be interesting to speak to that person now that things have obviously changed.

As of late, TEAM IBO's appear to be banning people from their freetheibo forum. I was aware that they had a forum, but only glanced casually at it, as it was what I thought it would be. Pro-TEAM with no real honest discussion about the hard questions. Evidently, paranoia is setting in, and everyone is accused of being a corporate plant, then summarily banned.

It reminded me of one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes, hence the title of this post. The episode ends with this message, cryptically delivered by Rod Serling: Enjoy! The rest of the episode can be found on Youtube. It really reminds me of what is going on in the FreetheIBO forum. It's funny, but not ha-ha funny, if you can dig that?

"The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices - to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own - for the children, and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home