Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Let's Talk About L.I.F.E.

I was reading over at ol' Woody's blog today and read his most recent post about "Taking Life's Leadership Challenge".

Hmmmmm. Take the challenge eh?? I believe that based on what I know of Orrin Woodward that means, "Gimme your money".

In his post he says that L.I.F.E. has changed the rules. By lowering the barriers to entry for hungry leaders (and potential leaders), LIFE has provided an opportunity for people to listen, learn, and lead at an affordable price. Where else can you receive 4 leadership CD’s and a book from best selling authors, bloggers, and leadership gurus for $50?

First of all, I love the word games. He suggests that someone is not hungry if they don't want to participate in L.I.F.E. and if you are already in L.I.F.E. you are defacto hungry. So.....if I buy his CD's and books that makes me a leader? Interesting.

As far as being best selling authors I think that has been debunked over at the Amthrax Blog where a few former TEAM folks have made suggestion that being a best selling author was manipulated.

With nearly 1200 bonafide customers, along with thousands of satisfied members, LIFE is giving average people the opportunity to achieve un-average results. In fact, with little downside risk (the worst thing that can happen is you receive world-class training at a world-class price), and major upside rewards, LIFE is drawing thousands of former networkers back into the fold.

OK, so now we have BONA FIDE customers as opposed to just plain old customers. Strange you would have to point out the difference. So 1200 people are buying the motivation but aren't on the L/I.F.E. program? That seems awfully low when you consider that BONA FIDE motivational speakers have that many people attend a single seminar. You'd think there would be more.***EDIT added after originally posted...Whether or not Woody's "training" is world class is very much up for debater as well. Where are the results that prove this?*****

These former networkers loved the community building and pay for performance aspects of networking, but struggled with the $300 to $500 of product purchases needed monthly. LIFE offers a way to start making income without stretching already stretched budgets. Indeed, a person can utilize the Three for Free program and literally receive his leadership materials for FREE.

Ah, so Orrin is as much as admitting there is no need for products in his MLM business. Wonder what the Federal Trade Commission would think of that? This also makes it crystal clear that the money directed to the products could be interpreted as a hindrance and getting in the way of Woody's profits.

This next part is what is so weird.....

Have you taken the LIFE Leadership Challenge yet? Anyone can sign up for the LIFE orLaunching a Leadership Revolution (LLR) series materials at no risk. Listen to the materials for yourself and see the LIFE difference. If you are not satisfied with the materials, LIFE offers a 30 day “no questions asked” return policy.

There's then a hyperlink that leads you to this weird TEAM Orrin Woodward site. This is absolutely ridiculous and a shameless self promotion. One gets a real glimpse into Woody's opinion of himself here as he goes into he sees what others don't see and how that is the burden of every leader. I guess that means him, Baby, and Clod Hamilton along with Mr. Strategic Default.

He then goes on to quote a person smarter than him (again) regarding the alleged process which resulted in the development of L.I.F.E.

First, it is ridiculed. - In this case deservedly so.

Second, it is violently opposed. - Not really opposed, just EXPOSED. Nothing violent either as far as I know except for some weird TEAM L.I.F.E. guy inviting people opposed to L.I.F.E. to Chicago to fight.

Finally, it is accepted as self-evident. - That it's a loser as far as making money for everyone but a few.

Then ol' Woody goes on to compare himself to Winston Churchill(!)

Nowhere on this page that I could see is there a place to sign up and get on the L.I.F.E. system.

So how in the hell do you take the L.I.F.E. Leadership Challenge? What is the L.I.F.E. Leadership Challenge? Is it just buying Woody's amateur motivation? WTF?

So what do I take from all this? Desperation. I truly believe that ol' Woody has no idea how to overcome objections to people who aren't in a brainwashed state of admiration. I mean, look at all his frocking blogs and how there is no opposing views published! Woody doesn't know how to proceed and I give it less than 24 months before he's off to adopt another generic name change to cover himself within search engine rankings again. Having to change who you are every few years certainly doesn't give an air of confidence to who you are and what you are doing.

My father's business (remember, he is a success) has had the same name for over 30 years! He didn't change it! I was talking to him over Christmas and had this post in mind. I asked him if he ever wanted to change his business's name.

He looked at me like I had grown a set of testicles out of my earlobe and asked, "Why the hell would I want to have to start all over after I worked so hard at establishing a good name for me & my company"?

Exactly. Thanks Dad. My dad is smarter than Orrin Woodward the Guru.

Happy New Year to everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger mlmpunisher said...

Nothing like ending the year on a high note! Your "growing a set of testicles out of my earlobe" comment had me dying! Actually... I think that's the look I got from people many a night while trying to build the TEAM "Business"! Homerun Rocket....touch them all!

28 December, 2011 14:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home