Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Little Off Topic...

Just curious, what is your favorite Episode of the Twilight Zone? I have about half of the series on DVD, and am working at getting them all.

Right now, my favorite episodes are "The Rip Van Winkle Caper" and "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street"

"The Rip Van Winkle Caper"
is cool becaue it deals with immortality. Who wouldn't want to see how civilization progresses over a hundred years?

"The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street" is just a great cynical look at human nature. I'm sure that back in those years with the thoughts of nuclear war ever prevalent, this sort of thing could have actually happened.

If you can't remember the name of the episode, then try refreshing your memory here

I love this series. Yes, it can be a bit corny, but you get a chance to see some actors with a lot less miles on them when they were in episodes of the Twilight Zone. Also, it's really interesting to see how movies today seem to have evolved from episodes of the Twilight Zone. Can you name any? Maybe I will in another post.

Rod Serling lived and died before I was born, but he is on my very short list of persons dead or alive that I'd like to meet. I'm not the writer type, but most of the episodes he wrote really appeal to me for some reason. I really like the fact that most of the stories have an underlying moral theme. Neat-O.

In any event, I'm curious to see what episodes you like and why.

Seriously, even if you hate me, fill me in. I really am curious about this.

Consider it a personal favour that I'll owe you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave Robison said...

Naturally,(Obviously) I liked "Caesar" and "The Dummy", but I always enjoyed "One For The Angels" the most.

09 June, 2006 19:19  
Blogger rocket said...

LOL! DAve I KNEW you'd come through. I haven't seen "Caesar and Me" yet, but that'll happen soon.

"The Dummy" was a great episode. (Keep an eye on Skyler dude)

"One for the Angles" is nice in a different less freaky kind of way.

Thanks for responding Dave. I knew that you of all people would appreciate the great writing of Rod Serling.

11 June, 2006 14:25  
Blogger Dave Robison said...

I hope you are enjoying the Sci-Fi's 4th of July Twilight Zone marathon this weekend.

Dave

03 July, 2006 23:34  
Blogger rocket said...

Thanks Dave. I knew about it, but my satelite package does not include Sci Fi channel. BUT! I did get Season 3 on DVD the other day. It just arrived.Sweet.

04 July, 2006 12:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home