Monday, February 06, 2006

Recharged!

Hey gang! Well, the much anticipated trip is over, and life is back to normal.

It was nice to get back to the grind, and go back to what's normal. On the 6 hour plane ride home, I got to thinking. This leads me to the next point of this post:

It is simply not normal to not work, or at least having one of the household not at work. My wife doesn't work, but one of us needs to.

These Quixtar kingpins that don't "work" really confuse me. On one hand, they say they are free. On the other hand, they make it known that they are there to "serve". So do they serve, or are they free?

I understand what they are trying to say, and I understand that they are trying to motivate the downline, but is it really so? If you are there to serve, then you aren't really free.

I'm not really making a lot of sense here, I guess. My brain may have been tanned as well. All I know is, it was a good feeling to be heading back to the J-O-B. I am good at it, and I like it. I think a lot of people like their jobs. I don't think jobs are a bad thing. If you don't like your job, chances are that if you really tried, you could get one that you did like.

I don't think your job should be your identity, but I do think what you do does somewhat shape who you are.

I'm glad I'm not someone who makes money in a way that is not completely aboveboard and honest, as the Amway/Quixtar kingpins are alleged to do. It's pretty clear that they would've rather people not found out about that. If your money is secret, is it legit? There's a reason it's a secret, isn't there?

I don't care that I'm not completely "free". I have a tremendous amount of latitude at my job. In fact, if diamonds "serve" as much as they profess, they there are probably a lot of people who have more freedom than they do.

I guess my point is that if you are on vacation all the time, then what? Once you have everything, then what? What do you have to look forward to?

If you are "free" I would love to hear from you. I don't care if you are an IBO who is "on his/her way" to freedom, or if you are Fred Harteis. Tell me how I am missing out.

Better yet, tell me where the $$ comes from that allows YOU to do that.

1 Comments:

Blogger xanadustc said...

Didn't you hear the quote from Bill Britt that everyone who says they like their JOB is broke?

Oh well. I would rather be broke than be a diamond...I would be so confused, I would not know if I am free or if I work...

LOL Welcome Back

09 February, 2006 08:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home