Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Woodward Warriors? Whatever....

You may notice that I have linked my Rocket's and Bridgett's Challenge posts on the right hand side under my contact info. No, nobody has taken my challenge yet, for reasons we can all agree on, but it makes it easier to point out to a new visitor.

I'm going away on business tomorrow and I won't be home again until Monday night. I have training sessions in another part of the country. Maybe a remote post over the weekend.

As far as the post, I just have to comment on something that has really started to get on my nerves, and no, it doesn't involve Tex.

Orrin Woodward and his loyal minions have a number of sites, and they all talk about valor, heroes, role models, and leadership. Of course there is the incessant and consistent quoting of other authors and great people. I guess it's tough in TEAM to come up with your own thoughts even if you are the Grand Poobah.

I know what you may be thinking. "So don't go there Rocket."

Agreed. However, in my defense, there is a lot of stuff going on right now, and I like to see where the next nugget of data is coming from. I am sure we can all agree that it's surely not going to come from the corporation any time soon.

For God's sake you TEAM people, stop worshiping Woodward. Just read some of the comments to Orrin. I just find it terribly disturbing that people will blindly follow a huckster like Woodward, Brady et al. To the point of actually helping them out with their legal battle?

Let's make one thing crystal clear. Woodward chose the fight with the corporation, for whatever reason. Righteous or not, Orrin is a big boy, and he made an adult decision as a business owner, if you believe that he resigned. Incidentally, I have no idea if he was canned or quit. He says he quit, so it was his decision according to him.

This business of asking people for money to help him out to me is just classless, and an abuse of the leadership he has carefully created for himself. If he was Braveheart or Spartacus, or whatever folk hero he's comparing himself to these days, he'd not ask for money. It wouldn't be about money.

But is it? Well, you decide, it's certainly not for me to speculate on Orrin Woodward's motives.

I'm not sure how to articulate the complete shame I feel for these TEAM folks that are blindly following this dweeb. How far gone do you have to be to make the comments that are being made about Orrin being a hero and leader etc..?

I guess I'm just disgusted because I believe good people have been conditioned under the guise of helping them get rich to act this way.

My father is one of the greatest men in the world, and I would never compare him to William Wallace or Spartacus, or whatever other character they use.

He's dad.

It's very touching if you are involved, perhaps, but I just can't get past the fact that these people are building this Woodward character up into something he is so obviously not.

I can just imagine trying to recruit someone by telling them your hero Orrin is leading the way to freedom, just like William Wallace did when the Scots fought England. Can you imagine?

"Join our war for freedom against tyranny and oppression by starting up your own business selling $45 bottles of Juice. FFFFRRREEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOMMMM!"

It's crazy! The loyal subjects leave comments like their sword is unsheathed and that they are willing to stand by Orrin's side fighting and spilling their own blood for the cause!

I don't know any segment of society that could say stuff like this and be considered completely rational and sane.

I don't know how to end this post nicely, so I'll be rude.

You TEAM people are all screwed in the head. If you have any intentions of even remotely being taken seriously, then think about what you are saying.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's good that they brought up the issues of high prices in quixtar. But isn't he now a "quitter" like all the critics? Just kidding.

But seriously, in the entire group moving to a new MLM, what gives Orrin the right to be kingpin and sell tapes and seminars on how to build a Monavie business when he is starting anew with his group

12 March, 2008 19:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rocket, I read you occasionally and sometimes I agree with you. Today I don't.

Orrin has a lot of followers, and maybe some of them are blind. I worry about them too. But I am not. I question him over and over to make sure I can be confident we are going in the right direction.

As for the Legal Defense Fund, without it I would be bankrupt. Last August I asked a court to stop Quixtar from harassing my downline, offering to transfer them new lines of sponsorship, or telling them they were breaking some law. I was not yet sure if I would resign or not.

Well, they made my decision for me!! The harassment of my downline continued, in spite of a restraining order, and no one in my group received any of their earned year-end bonuses. All because I happened to be in one of Orrin's lines.

They have used that simple request for a restraining order to try to bankrupt me with nonstop litigation. Q has pulled me in to other lawsuits as well. I am very grateful that the IBO Legal Defense fund has graciously offered to help allay my legal expenses.

13 March, 2008 10:33  
Blogger quixtarisacult said...

We must remember here that Orrin was a tool kingpin with Quixtar and he has a "cult" following. He has gotten used to his underlings funneling their money up to him. Whatsamattawifyah! He probably has deep pockets with out more from his "down-line?"

Rocket, you are right about Orrin taking his duped bunch into another highly priced MLM. I admire him wanting to stand up the the 700 lbs gorilla, but the problems with MLM aren't going away anytime soon, even if Orrin is Crowned King.

13 March, 2008 23:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me this TEAM debacle is a good thing yet a bad one all together. It's a good thing, as JC said, that they pointed out the high Amquix prices. It also is forcing the corp to show their true colors.

On the other hand it is bad because Orrin has managed to keep the brainwashed hold on his followers for 6 months after they left Amquix. He kept them purchasing "tools" and attending functions. They are defending Orrin like he is some kind of God. And now he has them following him into another MLM that in my opinion, price wise , is worse than Amquix. At the very least Amquix has a range of overpriced crap....while Monavie has just juice.

14 March, 2008 10:22  
Blogger Free From Q* said...

How soon will we hear ex-IBO's bash the Arceola/Aceola/Chachi Arcola Cherry (however the hell it's spelled) - which was the be-all and end-all of fruit according to IBO's.

14 March, 2008 19:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rocket,

I am compelled to respond to this article. I've been thinking about this as well. Even though you tend to dislike me, I must say I totally agree with this article. I feel that it is much more dangerous to "hero worship" an individual in this fashion than it is a company. I am surprised nobody has linked the ironic aspect of Orrin and Monavie. The thing that gets me is now they are really drinking the "purple Kool Aid".

Worshipping a company is one thing, but worshipping an individual like this is a more cult like aspect.

I will compliment you that your blogging skills have greatly improved and I enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the good work rocket.

Michael

16 March, 2008 11:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home